The Story & Values of Our Company
Updated: Dec 11, 2019
Little Green Forks is a plant-based food delivery service, with a powerful story at the root of its core and values that drive the culture every day.
In October, 2009, John Tanner, our Founder, was taking his daily run around his neighborhood when his heart went into full cardiac arrest. With the help and involvement of 17 people, from the neighbors who saw him go down, to the paramedics, to the ER staff and the cardiac specialists, he miraculously survived. In 2012, shortly after his recovery from the heart attack that nearly killed him, John Tanner started Little Green Forks. He became motivated to understand what caused his heart disease and soon grew to understand the overwhelming connection between nutrition and health. After thorough research, John Tanner decided to eat a healthy whole food, plant-based, no-added-oil diet that reversed his heart disease and improved all of his health markers. He knew his life depended on eating this way, so he started Little Green Forks to provide those he loves and cares about with healthy and tasty plant-based meals. This vision is what continues to inspire our growth today. As a company, we have values that extend beyond just the customer and ourself, but also to the world.
• We make sure our food is 100% whole-food, plant-based, and low-fat.
• We focus on cooking quality made and freshly delivered meals.
• We offer convenient delivery to make eating plant-based food easier.
• We do not cook with or use animal products or byproducts, or any added plant oils.
• We do not use coconut, avocado, nuts (except for small amounts in almond milk), or peanuts. Occasionally small amounts of seeds are used, but only as a garnish or condiment, never as a main ingredient of our dish.
• We use environmentally-friendly packaging that can be placed into the oven, microwave, refrigerator, or freezer.
• We believe in plant-based foods and the power they have to change the world.